[AMPS] AB2 Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AB2 Amps
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:20:55 +0008
carl wrote,

> According to RCA, way back in Dec 1954  Ham Tips,  is that a 4-250A in
> AB2 requires 4.5w of  peak drive. Yet at the same Ep the output is 520W
> vs 370W in AB1. I would think that a 41% power increase would rate a
> little wiggle...dont you?

yes, but be careful!  we don't want that extra power output to be
anything but DESIRED SIGNAL!  if it all goes into frequencies which
are clobbering other folks on the band, and getting the
"worked-all-neighbors" award, then it's worth it.

> IMO, there is nothing wrong with AB2 as long as the stringent criteria
> are met.

right on..."stringent criteria"  is the important key!

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT