[AMPS] Ameritron AL80B: Dynamic ALC?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron AL80B: Dynamic ALC?
From: grainone@caserta.peoples.it (Vanni Rainone)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 20:04:17 +0300
At 04.58 26/07/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>I read on the Ameritrons' AL80B technical info that on this Amp is
>>installed a "electronic bias" that is a known circuit and a " Dynamic ALC"
>>that allows "high level, low distortion RF processing", doubling the
>>average SSB power. ...snip...
>
>The designer of the AL80B also says that 500++mA of anode/plate current
>is ok for a 3-500Z, even though Eimac and Amperex say that the maximum
>current is 400mA.  Who is right?
>
>>I'm interested to know more about this solution, in order to install it on
>>my SB-220.
>
>IMO, this would not be a wonderful idea.
>Rich---
>

>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K

Probably you are right,Rich, but
- I'm very interested to this kind of experimentation;
- The increased peak of Anode current could be not so dangerous for short
transmit periods.
- To increase the average power without increase the grid current and
distortion could be important on the pile-up.
Anyway i need only the principle of Ameritrons' solution. If yourself or
some other friend could tell me something about, you are welcome.

Vanni -- I8JJB