[AMPS] My 3CX3000A7 in the mobile.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] My 3CX3000A7 in the mobile.
From: phil@two-way.demon.co.uk (philip de cadenet)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:11:04 +0100
Carl,
A few questions about your three phase /M PSU's.
You mention that the 11m boys typically use 240-260 amp alternators. Who
in the US makes this size alternator as I recently received the Leece
Neville list and could not see a 240 or 260. I've gone for a new 200 and
am having it fitted alongside my current 120 unit. I have a pretty fancy
alternator control unit similar to the US Heart Interface system, this
is to look after the battery bank and my 8 device bipolar amp which
pulls nearly 150 A on full chat.
Do you think I can get away with my 200 for the above tube and run the
filaments off my 120 A unit.
Suffice to say you construct a proper regulated supply unit for the tube
filaments?
Leece Neville produce a 300 amp alternator but the price would cripple
me! I get a good deal on the 200 at around $350 US.
Alternatively I could go for a 450 A locomotive generator.
What do you think and how much would one of your PSU's go for.
Direct email if you prefer.

                                But some bad weather made one crash.
                                Shit happens, even to aliens.
                                Read some H.G. Wells.

73 de G4ZOW/160m mobile.  Still trying to get a grip on the corona.