[AMPS] 4-400 operation parameters and such

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-400 operation parameters and such
From: sbookout@mnsinc.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 11:41:20 -0400
Hello everyone,

I'm further along in my building of my first grid driven amp and could
use some input.

I USED to have a Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes, but I lent this
'bible' to someone 5 years ago and haven't seen it since.

Could someone give me some idea of what voltages I should be looking at
and maybe the currents as well.

I have the parts to build a solid 4100 volt supply which is CCS at 750
mils.  Have tested it and all seems well.

Running 600 mils with a pair of 4-400's is well within plate current
specs and will give me about 2400 input ( not considering any E drop due
to load).

Any suggestions what to run for screen Voltage?   I can do 400-500 volts
easy with parts I have.

How about grid bias?  Any ideas what I should be building for?  It will
be variable, but what should the max be?  -150? ...-100? ...-175? I
don't have a clue.

Maybe some of you who have gone before me, can shed some light on what
values worked for you.

Thanks in advance.

73 de Steve, NJ4F