[AMPS] AL 1200 operation question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL 1200 operation question
From: gmyers@cetlink.net (Gary Myers)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 20:35:11 -0500
w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net wrote:

> The question begs to be asked...what meter did you use for the
> power output reading, and the power input reading?

I tried three different meters including a Bird! I did use the internal
meters for input power. The only thing that bothers me unless the mod
changed things, is the engineer from the factory agreed with the numbers
I gave him! This was after several calls and lots of tries tuning. I
have asked several times since then (over 10 years ago) if they had
changed the design to improve the efficiency but have never gotten a
decent answer.