[AMPS] Best HF Amplifier Today??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Best HF Amplifier Today??
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:56:09 +0000
> From:          Herb Rosenberg <herbr@netcom.com>

> I am new to this reflector, so I imagine this one has been asked many
> times before.  I am interested in hearing what the consensus
> is for the best HF amplifier on the market today.

Every amplifier has pluses and minuses Herb. The reason for this is
cost.

A curve of amplifiers sold versus cost appears as an exponential
downward curve as cost rises. You just have to decide what your
requirements are, and pick an amp based on that.

As a general rule, the more simple the amp the less problems.

73, Tom W8JI