[AMPS] Need info on my Alpha 77SX amp... What is Switch 10 do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need info on my Alpha 77SX amp... What is Switch 10 do?
From: cvictor@hooked.net (Chris Victor)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:44:59 -0800
Howdy fellow amp ops/builders....

I recently aquired a Alpha 77SX (converted back to a one tuber by
previous owner) and it has this slide switch next to the CB-2 board that
has a dymo label with the words NORMAL & BYPASS.

The footnote states that with sn 2750 and below switch S10 is used. With
sn 2751 and above this switch is hardwired to 'QSK'.

Any body have a clue what this switch really does? I guess it was for
xcvr's that didn't have QSK for CW/SSB??

Also included was a brand new (NOS) tank coil that upon further
inspection, shows that the 10 meter coil is thicker than the 10mtr
windings on the  coil thats in the circuit now. Maybe for better Q on
the higher freq's?

The rig has the higher ufd cap, higher current diodes in the power
supply, and the drop in Peter Dahl xfmr Style No.9 with the secondary at
1800/2800 VAC @ 1.2Amp CCS and the 5.0VAC 20amp winding as well the
standard other windings.

This amp does need a new front panel as the way it is now is a poor
re-paint job with un-even stenciling. Any pointers out there??

Chris WA6SUY
"4-1000 amps are a true joy to watch"....