[AMPS] parasites

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasites
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John Lyles)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:48:45 -0700
It seems that the bandwidth being used to carry on the parasitic discussion
is excessive. My delete keys is getting mashed hourly now. There are other
discussions of the subject in print, from years ago, besides the old ARRL
HB's. All reinforce the notions that each party is expressing here. There
is no clear 'one way' to do it in RF power amplifiers. And sometimes we get
lucky, and don't even put in suppressors. Some circuits and tube
combinations are free of parasites, as various discussions have already
said.
Audiophiles carry on similar arguments over the merits and pitfalls of wire
and effects on audio frequency voltages and 'sound'. We live with such
paradoxes.

RCA technical manual TT5, Transmitting Tubes, pages 43-44.

Radiotron Designers Manual, by Langford-Smith, 4th ed,  page 1283.

Philips application book, Tubes for RF Heating, by H. F. Dittrich, 2nd ed,
1977, pages 96-98.

Radio Engineering, 1st ed, by F. E. Terman, 1932. pages 242-243.

Electronic and Radio Engineering,  4th ed, by F. E. Terman, 1955,  pages
503-506.

Paper by G. Fyler, "Parasites and Instabilities in Radio Transmitters",
Proc IRE, vol. 23, page 985, Sept, 1935.

Radio Handbook, 21st ed (and others), by W. Orr, chapter 17, pages 19-25.

john
K5PRO