[AMPS] Thompson Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Thompson Amp
From: lmfoot@global.co.za (Leon M Foot)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 07:59:12 -0800
I was lucky enough to lay my hands on a second hand Thompson commercial
amp. It is a rack and panel type standing about 1.8m (6ft) high. It is
made up of seperate units, power supply (50kg / 110 pds!!), exciter, tank
circuit, RTTY unit etc. I got hold of the PS and tank circuit sections. A
friend has a more complete unit and a third friend has a complete fully
working amp.

Questions:
1. Where can I get the cables that connect the differnt units? The plugs
used are not available locally, so making up cables involves changing all
the plugs etc. That would be the option if I can't find cables.
2. The amp uses a 4CX1500A valve. We have three amps and only two valves
- quess who is in need of a valve! Where can I get a pre-used (is second
hand) valve? A Canadian friend offered me a $4CX1000A for the price of
the postage - sounds wonderful, but can I use it?

Your imput would be appreciated.

73 de Leon ZS4Y

Leon M Foot ZS4Y
PO Box 1561