[AMPS] Simple amps needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Simple amps needed
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:41:43 EST
For real cheap money...and particullarly a contest enviroment here are my
suggestions:

160M  Dentron Clipperton L...a few $$ in mods and you get 1200W easy
80M    Same as above...no mods
40M   SB-220 or Clipperton L
20M   SB-220 or Clipperton L
15M   SB-220 wire so as to bypass bandswitch
10M   SB-220 same as above

Dont laugh at the Clipperton....it is damn hard to kill one when run
sanely. If u run xcvrs with built in ATU's ur ahead of the game.

Other cheapies: Hunter 2000C, Drake L4B (both 80-10M); Amp Supply
LK-500(160-10M).

I believe that you are wise to concentrate on glass tube amps...572B's
and 3-500Z's are very forgiving in strange and contest condx.

73  Carl  KM1H