[AMPS] Tuning of amps - 3cx800s,etc..

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuning of amps - 3cx800s,etc..
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (Mark S Graalman)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 06:42:03 EST
  Eric, when the loading is increased it results in a
decrease in grid current, a increase in plate current,
and a decrease in power output. The opposite is true
when the loading in decreased. The log indicators
on the front panel of the HF-2500 represent
capacitance not the level of loading.

Mark  WB8JKR

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:05:20 EST KA2YKC <KA2YKC@aol.com> writes:
>One question I have been meaning to ask........
>

>Can someone please clarify "Loading" ??
>
>When I turn my LOAD counterclockwise (CMDR HF2500),  the grid current
>drops
>quickly with little drop in output pwr (as recommended). Am I
>increasing or
>decreasing the loading of the antenna ???
>
>I think I am increasing the loading (even thought the dial is going to
>lesser #), However, I think I read somewhere (maybe an Ameritron
>AL800H
>manual) that seemed to contradict this (or their var. cap works in the
>opposite direction - increased loading shows higher dial #) .
>

>I interpereted an earlier post as saying not to drop the grid by
>adjusting the
>load, rather decrease the drive from the exciter.
>
>Sometimes I wish I was born 20 years earlier so I could have been
>taught tubes
>rather than solid state when I was in school .
>
>Thanks for the free education.
>
>73 Eric
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]