[AMPS] TWE Solid State 1Kw linear

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TWE Solid State 1Kw linear
From: peterhrs@global.co.za (Peter Hers)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:40:20 +0200
I am repairing a Trans World Electronics T1000 1kW linear amplifier, and
need to find a source for PT9790 transistors.  These were made by TRW,
which was taken over by Motorola some years back.  Motorola tells me that
the PT9790 was discontinued in 1995, and they no longer have any stock.
I have considered substitutes, eg: MRF429, but this may cause imbalance
unless I replace all eight final tr's - could be rather expensive!

Help!  Can anyone direct me to a source for PT9790, or provide any other
advice?

73

Peter
ZS6PHD
Johannesburg, South Africa

PS:  PLEASE listen for ZS in the contest this weekend!
Peter Hers
ZS6PHD

email: peterhrs@global.co.za