[AMPS] Stability

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Stability
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:24:33 +0100
Larry Molitor wrote:

>Peter, as I was about to hit the 'send' button for the post where I
>critized Tom's use of the *unconditionaly stable* term, I thought to
>myself: 'bet one of the English chaps brings up Linville'. It's probably
>been over twenty years since I've anyone over here actually say "Linville's
>Stability Factor" or "Stern's". I know I've *never* heard the terms used in
>reference to ham radio gear. My, how some of us get lazy. I fervently hope
>that I can make it to retirement without having to go through one of those
>analysis again. What's left of my brain cells couldn't take it.

There's a button somewhere on your fancy HP Network Analyzer that will
plot a sweep of Linvill's K.

It's used all the time in trying to design unconditionally stable low-
noise amplifiers. If you think you have problems with VHF parasitics...
try playing with GaAsFETs!

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek