[AMPS] Airflow

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Airflow
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 08:22:17 +0000
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Mon, 25 May 1998 08:15:30 +0100
> From:          Steve Thompson <amps@txrx.demon.co.uk>
> Subject:       Re: [AMPS] Airflow
> Cc:            amps@contesting.com

> Thanks, Tom. I'll check it out; I have a data sheet but I can't get near
> the cabinet at the moment.

I just looked at the 3CX800, and it is not one of the tubes with data
for reverse cooling. With other tubes, the change in airflow is
minor, but there is a slight increase required. Several broadcast
transmitters use reverse cooling, and it causes no problem.

If you do use reverse cooling, be sure to direct cool air to the base
through the socket hole.... and measure the seal temperatures.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com