[AMPS] Amplifier Experiments!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amplifier Experiments!
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:17:03 +0000
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Wed, 27 May 1998 09:25:45 -0500
> From:          Jon Ogden <jono@webspun.com>
> Subject:       Re: [AMPS] Amplifier Experiments!
> To:            Tom Rauch <w8ji.tom@mcione.com>, amps@contesting.com

> So do I feed a small signal into the resistor/diode pair?

Yes

>And how does
> measuring voltage drop across a resistance help me to calculate
> impedance?

Ohms law. You won't know the phase angle, but you will know the
quantity.

> If I have a known resistance and a known voltage, I can
> calculate current.  So perhaps I am dull, but I need a more detailed
> explanation here.

If you know resistance, source voltage,  and voltage across the
resistance you can calculate choke impedance.

> What is approximate brightness?

How bright the bulb looks.

>  What part do I connect to the choke?

The short free end of the bulb. You wantb a series circuit so you can
have RF choke current lighting the bulb.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com