[AMPS] Still no 24MHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Still no 24MHz
From: vk6apk@faroc.com.au (Alek Petkovic)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 20:41:52 +0800
Hi again,
             Last weekend I had a query regarding zero output on 24 MHz in
my 3-500Z amp.

Well it's Friday night and I put the amp on the workbench, took off the lid
and put a shorting wire accross the plate choke.  I then fired up the
trusty GDO and frequency counter.

I swept all frequencies from 18MHz up and stopped when I found a good
positive dip at 32.2MHz. Sounds like a safe place to have a dip I think.

I actually thought that I would get a dip at around 25 MHz but not so. It
therefore seems that you were correct in telling me that the choke was not
absorbing the power.

To the guy who said to try another radio, I did that but no go.

When I apply drive, the plate current and grid current meters indicate just
as they would on all the other bands. It's just that nothing comes out the
tail end. At All.

I will try to get some more time to spend on it over the weekend. I'll dig
a little deeper to try and find the reason for the lack of grunt on 24Megs.

If I find the reason and it's not something stupid that I have done, I will
report my findings.

73 de Alek, VK6APK.