[AMPS] Bird 2500H dozen slug test

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bird 2500H dozen slug test
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:10:04 +0000
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:06:18 -0700
> From:          Radiodan W7RF <RFpower@radiodan.com>
> Subject:       [AMPS] Bird 2500H dozen slug test
> To:            "[AMPS] submissions" <amps@contesting.com>

> Hi guys,
>
> I was curious about relative BIRD wattmeter slug accuracy

Bird publishes tolerances measured against a caloric standard.

How do your results compare to their + or - 5% of full scale anywhere
on the scale for slugs and a model 43?

I've found only a few out of tolerance, but by far most fit ratings
OK, when compared to a caloric standard.

It's amazing how poor meters can be, when you use the slug far down
on the scale.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com