[AMPS] 3-500Z 101

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3-500Z 101
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:09:23 -0700
Hi Chris,

Jon KE9NA said it pretty well.

It sounds like you simply have some bad tubes if indeed you do have adequate
plate voltage and filament voltage (check input taps on transformer).
Be certain that you have loaded heavily enough as this will cause you to
draw grid current before you reach saturation.
There will be a point when you have sufficient drive and the plate is
resonated you will see very little grid  current (heavy side of loading) or
much grid current (lightly loaded).

73, Dan Magro
Radiodan W7RF, Portable Clinic
High quality Henry Radio RF Power Amplifiers for LESS!
New, used, unusual, classic radios, accys & RF POWER!
http://www.radiodan.com    RFpower@radiodan.com
A trip to our web site is worth the click!