[AMPS] Re: Wanted: 2 X 4CX250r amp article

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Wanted: 2 X 4CX250r amp article
From: John_Nelson@compuserve.com (John Nelson)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:10:15 -0400
Message text written by Jan-Erik Holm

>3 x 4CX250B, could be found in old DUBUS mag. Very cheap to build since it
doesnt use sockets and also
very easy to build, will put out up to 2500 Watts if you squeze it a bit.<

I've heard of the millennium bug but my computer reports that today is 15
July, not 1 April. Or are those special Swedish watts? Either way, I'm glad
I'm not in line-of-sight range of SM2-land.

Of all the nasty amplifier designs ever seen on this planet, that DUBIOUS
horror must be a strong contender for the title of Worst Ever. The original
Plumber's Special was a bit of a nightmare too. I'd go for an updated W1SL
every time.

John Nelson
GW4FRX