[AMPS] technical help...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] technical help...
From: litwins@badsector.com (Litwins)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:18:17 GMT
Ladies and Gents;
I am in the process of up-grading my station after more than 10 yrs of
extensive TDYs and no operating.  I have a Henry 3K-A which I am trying
to understand more about in an effort to be more efficient...and
quieter (sp)!!  The clackity-clack of the relay in the amp is a pain in
the...during contests.  I am about to purch. a new 1000mp and am
interested in QSK.  I do not know a thing about QSK so I am wondering if
any of u all know where I can read up on the subject. I have all issues
of QST from the early 70s on, and a few CQs and other bits and pieces
of info., but don't know where to start.  Any hints?  Of course the 3K-A
doesn't have QSK feature; can I mod the amp to add it?  I talked w/Paul
Johnson at Henry and he had a way to do it but was too complicated for
my small mind and I wasn't quick enough to write it all down so I culd
understand the concept.  Anybody know of any sources of info on
converting a non-QSK amp?  Well...you all get the picture.  Clueless,
living in the past, need info!  I am an EE so be as technical as u want.
Mucho tnx to all (I hope) who reply in advance.
73-dx
steve, k8wk
crestview, fl