[AMPS] Full QSK for the SB-200

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Full QSK for the SB-200
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:30:27 -0400
Would the SBA-2001-1 QSK board manufactured by Heath for their SB-1000 work
with the early SB-2xx series?  (it was factory assembled and I think also
used by Ameritron)

The one I have was modified with IN4007 diodes in place of the pin diodes
(which I believe were MA4PH301's), what cautions are in order to be sure it
will still perform safely with the SB-2xx series amps (assuming it will
work with them at all)?

BTW:  Anyone have the specs for the MA4PH301 device?  I'd like to compare
them closely to the IN4007.  I am particularly interested if there is a
significant capacitance effect due to the substitution within the 1.8-30MHz
range of operation.

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA