[AMPS] High voltage switch-mode psu query

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] High voltage switch-mode psu query
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:35:46 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_01BDDAC0.9EBE75A0

Hi - has anyone got any info on using  an off-line switch-mode power supply
for generating the eht required for "big" triodes or tetrodes?  Would
considerably reduce the size and weight over the conventional iron cored
transformer most of us use. Have got some ideas - but before I make an
idiot of myself would like some experts to throw the idea around a bit and
see what they come up with.

Best 73         John    ZS5JF
------=_NextPart_000_01BDDAC0.9EBE75A0

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Hi - has anyone got any info on using =
&nbsp;an off-line switch-mode power supply for generating the eht =
required for &quot;big&quot; triodes or tetrodes? &nbsp;Would =
considerably reduce the size and weight over the conventional iron cored =
transformer most of us use. Have got some ideas - but before I make an =
idiot of myself would like some experts to throw the idea around a bit =
and see what they come up with.<br><br>Best =
73&#009;&#009;John&#009;ZS5JF</p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BDDAC0.9EBE75A0--