[AMPS] Alpha76PA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha76PA
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 00:01:54 -0400

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:10:18 -0400 "Lou Savoie" <k1rak@gis.net> writes:

>Does anyone have  bandswitches for an Alpha 76A or 76PA.
>Alpha/Power no longer supplies replacement parts for this
>unit.  If not available, does anyone know of similar or
>suitable substitutes for these two bandswitch units.  Does a
>later model of the Alpha, perhaps with additional taps for
>the WARC bands,  work as a replacement?  Will appreciate any
>help, it is too good an amplifier to scrap.
>
>Lou, K1RAK

That is a standard Centralab JV-9000 series switch....I dont have the
exact wafer model # here but any old Centralab or distibutor catalog such
as Newark should be able to help you.
The Centralab ceramic division is now owned by Electroswitch;
1-888-768-2797 for a new catalog with new part numbers.

I have fixed several 76's with wafers on hand from fleamarkets,
etc...Alpha did not use some oddball configuration...just stock parts.

Another option is to rip all the HF stuff out and convert to 6M....a REAL
DX band!

73   Carl   KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]