[AMPS] resistance to......

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] resistance to......
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:13:33 +0100
Carl says:

>The resistors as used here are a pair of 100 Ohm 5W MOX in
>parallel....they do get a bit warm with a 3-500Z at 50MHz but not
>alarmingly warm after a full minute key down.

Carl, is there not an advantage to the 'classical' approach that as the
operating frequency goes down, the shunt reactance goes down, so there is
less loss in the resistors? I was taught that you use the minimum amount of
inductance that stops the parasitic, 'cos that gives least loss in the
suppressor.

73

Peter G3RZP