[AMPS] Direct reading screen meters & High Voltage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Direct reading screen meters & High Voltage
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 98 01:38:42 -0800

>I have access to many amp ma meters which would be suitable for
>monitoring screen supplies. Would these meters be okay for direct
>insertion for current monitoring, my main concern is voltage
>breakdown, at screen volts 1500. This question would also apply to
>plate supply monnitoring in B- or cathode return

In a large tetrode amp., the screen is typically grounded.  Thus, the
screen current meter would typically be connected between the pos. output
of the screen supply and chassis gnd.

If you have a question about the potential capability of a meter, put a
pair of glitch diodes across the movement and measure the V.-withstanding
ability with a high-potential tester.

Rich...