[AMPS] Henry avail for purchase with a problem...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry avail for purchase with a problem...
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 03:15:59 EDT

Hello there,

I've just received word that a local estate sale has a Henry 2K4 or 4K2
for sale. I've forgotten which model is right, but it has two 3-400z's
on-board and is a pedestal model.

The power supply was retro fitted with a Dahl Transformer. I knew the
former owner and had seen/heard the unit on the air a few times in front
of me.

The current price for the unit is $400 which is cheap enough, but when
the unit is fired up a problem appears.  All is well until you apply
drive to the unit, then the 12 amp supply fuse pops. Replace the fuse, it
restarts just fine and will run all day until you apply drive again, then
poof...

If I choose to buy the unit, would anyone care to guess the problem
before I get it home? If I don't care to buy the unit, I'd still be
curious to have a look at what might be the problem.

Your thoughts?

cheers
skip  may   wv6f

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]