[AMPS] 802 choke specs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 802 choke specs
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:45:41 EDT
Carl,

Thanks for the 802 info.  When I first started building amplifiers, the
B&W  chokes were the benchmark, as with the bands-witching units B&W
sold. The values worked but were not always optimum for a lot of my
amplifiers.

The 90uh plate choke was a standard for my projects until I started to
realize one choke doesn't cover 160 to 10 complete, on one form.

I have never seen or heard of an 802 and was interested in the values. As
for winding the, I have a complete machine shop to spin a few up. I've
just got to choose a proper form material. After reading the posts here,
I don't trust delrin around RF as much as I once did.

I'd be interested in hearing about builders preferences in coil form
construction materials.

cheers
skip may  wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com

>>Hello,
>>Can anyone provide me with the data on the B&W 802 choke?
>>thank you
>>skip may  wv6f
>
>110uh @ 1.2A ICAS Wound on a threaded 9tpi 3/4" diameter form. Not
>easily to duplicate at
>home.
>73   Carl   KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]