[AMPS] MLA2500 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA2500 Problem
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:57:06 -0400

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:34:34 EDT TOMK5RC@aol.com writes:

>MLA2500 puts out what sounds like a T8 signal (AC) in the CW position,
>but
>sounds okay in the SSB position. Any theories?
>
>Also regularly pops the 1/2 watt resisitor at the base of the RF
>choke.

That was Dentrons version of a glitch resistor Tom. 1 Ohm at 1/2W.

Sounds like an 8875 problem and the hum is just not noticable on SSB. Try
it with 1 tube at a time and reduced drive, see if it follows one tube.
I would suspect an intermittent filament-cathode short. Also make sure
the plate blocking cap is not breaking down.

GL  Carl   KM1H

>Tom, K5RC/7
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]