[AMPS] Re: Antenna System power ratings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Antenna System power ratings
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:06:34 -0700
Hello Peter and the group,

I don't know how much the "ultimate" rating would be, but for example I have
seen down at the HENRY factory 10KW put through their low pass filter with
SO239 connectors on it's chassis (of available connectors, these are
smallest but common for us Hams). Granted this is into a 50 ohm dummy load.

The 8K puts out 5kw+ and an "N" connector is successfully used there.
The above is based on below 30 MHz. I don't remember exactly what frequency
was used to test the LPF.
Personally, I use silver plated teflon connectors in UHF, about $2 each.
For "N" connectors, I have been using those newer "two piece N" connectors
that are also silver plated teflon, about $7 each. If anyone would like to
see what that connector looks like I can put up a quick webpage with
pictures. Just let me know.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
Rugged, Reliable Henry HF Amps are "Instant on" for RF Power now!
DXers/Contesters/Ragchewers get your HENRY from RADIODAN for LESS!
***Subscribe to the HENRY reflector at www.qth.net <http://www.qth.net>
***
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!