[AMPS] connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] connectors
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 98 19:36:06 -0000
>Isn't 7/16 DIN an oxymoron?

Why?

I think DIN is some achronym for a standards organization if I am not
mistaken.  There are other "DIN" style connectors coming out now as well.
 One is about half size I think (I forget the numbers but their weird).
Ericsson is using it on all their new cellular base stations.

In the commercial industry almost everyone is switching to DIN connectors
in the final output.  Power handling, ruggedness, IM performance all are
given reasons.

73,

Jon
KE9NA