[AMPS] antenna system power

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] antenna system power
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:21:51 +0100
GW4FRX comments:

>>my 80m vertical runs about 3500vrms at the feed point at 1000 watts. <

>Surely a doyen of the British amateur radio scene, ex-president and holder
>of assorted high offices in the RSGB, doesn't exceed the UK legal limit of
>400W

Ever heard of 'normalising', John? Since this reflector is international,
normalising to 1 kW, which is a common power around the world, seems fair. I
could have said 350volts at 10 watts or 35 volts at 100mW................or
35kV at 100kW! It wouldn't have altered the thrust of what I was saying.

73

Peter G3RZP