[AMPS] Re: Stuff!!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Stuff!!
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:48:10 -0400

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:29:20 +0000 "Jim Thomson" <jim_thomson@bctel.com>
writes:
>Jon,Carl.   Boy this amp reflector keeps getting better all the time!
>"QRO,tubes with handles,20db's of gain,phosgene gas,LC connector's "
>was ready to use LC connector's myself untill I saw the price tag.
>Right
>angle LC's start at $145.00 US

Typically $5 or so at fleamarkets....almost no one uses RG-17 these days.

Heliax versions ARE expensive and scarce. I have often found 7/8" Heliax
to EIA flanges and the adapters to LC  cheaper recently than the single
connector.

Also, local PCS companies regularly throw away 6 to 12'  Andrew factory
made jumpers with DIN connectors.....I picked up a few dozen the other
day in the 1/2" and smaller cable sizes....brand new. Figure I will
remove the DIN connectors and use the cable with regular N connectors for
various VHF/UHF phasing lines, etc. Anyone want DIN's cheap?

 I was going to mention IMD problems
>with
>unclean exciter's and buffer amps,but that's been thrashed to death.
>How
>about sequencing relays when using a buffer amp and trying to run
>VOX.

How about an auto-tune circuit that a ham can build without breaking the
bank.?

I keep having visions of a YC-156 off in a back room !!

        "when the pole peg begin's to bubble,the contester knows
>he's now in trouble"

Only if he trys to use the pig on more then one station.....the
multiplier one!

73  Carl  KM1H

                          Cul.........Jimbo
>VE7RQ

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]