[AMPS] Alpha 89 faults

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 89 faults
From: henry@pacinfo.com (henry gillow-wiles)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:27:22 -0800
Help !!!!!!!!!

I played last weekend in the contest and the 89 just chugged along. I
turned it off Saturday night, when I had to quit for work, and when I
turned on Sunday morning, it faulted. It just sits there, blinking it's
little light. The green indicator lights under the tune, Ig and drive
buttons just blink, depending on which one is pushed.

The only thing I can think I did different was this. I turned the amp off
before the pre-heat cycle was finished.

It goes through the warm-up cycle, but when I change fron stby to operate,
fault city.

What have I killed and where do I start looking?

I have 3 tubes and have swapped them in and out in the combinations that
pair them up.

The last thing, where can I get these tubes tested for output (I wan the
best ones in and the third as a spare) at a reasonable price?

Thanks a bunch.......

end

Henry

KB7RTA