[AMPS] AL-811 or More!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-811 or More!
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:56:11 -1000
Per a stronger,   better amp:

>Do this when the time is right for you.

Yes,  in a few months,  I will be 65 years young,  and just last
week,  ordered a Henry amp form Dan.  Waited a long time,
(licensed 48 years now)
and the new amp will last my,  and maybe my oldest  son's,
lifetime,  hi.  He will inherit it  when I'm gone,  and all his three
daughters are married and out of the house!!  He'll probably
have more time for radio then anyway.  And I'll enjoy the upgraded
performance for my years left.  He'll have to pay to get it back
to the mainland,  however,  hi!

Will have to watch my operating hours,  as experience has shown
my neighbors have telephone RFI when I operate during early evening,
and some afternoon hours.  But that leaves a lot of other hours
for me!!  Already have had to by the lady next door a so called
"Bullet Proof" phone;  she calls/receives calls all day,  it seems!
But am not going to do that for the entire neighborhood,  well
the other six or so homes around here.

Fortunately,  Kauai is wired up with cable TV,  so that
should not be a problem with the new amp,  I hope.

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai