[AMPS] (no subject)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] (no subject)
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 98 20:55:53 -0600
> That's why you were trying to buy it from me Dan.  I rest my case :)
>
>At 01:18 PM 11/30/98 -0800, Radiodan W7RF wrote:
>>>>>
>I just found this in my deleted items folder.
>
>This is dated 11-18-98 from YOU Alan!
>"Dan/George,
>
>Actually, every 4K-Ultra I've ever owned (and I've owned 5; only have one
>now) had about 4300 V.D.C. under full load. But then again, my incoming ac
>line delivers 250 VAC- [thanks, Philadelphia Electric Company :) ].
>
>And without a doubt, the 4K-Ultra has the best RF components in the tank
>circuit of any amateur amp ever built, Alpha included.

Alan,

I am not trying to take Dan's side in this.  But you did say that it has
the BEST RF components in the tank of ANY amp.  Why then are you
criticizing it now?  Are you saying that some components are good and
others not so good?  That sure is possible.

But is ANY Ham amp that is commercially made REALLY that good?  We've all
heard problems about all of them.  Yes, Dan is obnoxious sometimes, but
then again most good salesman are! :-)  And yes, we do blather.  You are
smart for realizing this.  But I would really like to understand how your
statements contradict themselves, yet you insist you are right.

I have limited experience with Henry amps.  The only HF Henry I've used
was just recently when I visited ZP5AZL.  It worked well.  I am not sure
which model (had glass tubes and put out 2 KW easily), but it wasn't
overly noisy and looked pretty good.  But, yes, he did have extra muffin
fans on top of the cage to move more air through the tubes.  I thought it
worked well.

Oh and by the way, for the legal knitpickers, 2KW is the legal power
limit in Paraguay.  :-)

73,

Jon
KE9NA