[AMPS] High current filament circuits

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] High current filament circuits
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:46:28 -0500

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 06:53:06 Scott Townley <nx7u@primenet.com> writes:
Qwas in that arrangement and was quite surprised to see it work out!
>If lead crimps are NFG, what kinds of connectors does one use in 30A
>filament circuits for remotely-mounted xfmrs?
>Thanks in Advance All...
>------------
>Scott Townley
>nx7u@primenet.com

I NEVER rely on crimp connectors since I do not have the proper crimping
tool. Plier crimping only is asking for trouble.  Always crimp as well as
you can and then solder.
One way to tell if you have loss is to do a touch test and look for hot
spots...the temperature should be the same all along the path. At 30A it
will get warm.

73  Carl  KM1H

>Collector of:
>       Stoddard Aircraft EMI/RFI receivers and accessories
>       Big Parts for that Big Linear Amp
>       70's era RF test equipment HP/GR/Tek
>       Radio-related technical reference material 1940+
>       ...anything else that will keep me off the streets at night
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]