[AMPS] LPF Specs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] LPF Specs
From: w6frmarv@juno.com (marv gonsior)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:15:00 -0800
Hello All,

Re the "I.C.E. filter spec of -80dB," I made measurements, using the
HP141T/8443A, on their early production and, unless they have
dramatically improved their design, the so-called -80dB was only realized
on *one* narrow band of frequencies.  It consisted of a very tight notch,
at the TV IF frequency, with considerably less attenuation at all other
frequencies plus an unacceptable insertion loss at 29mHz.  In short,
caveat emptor!  Or, as the saying goes, you know.........the one about
free beer!

73,

Marv, W6FR

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]