[AMPS] Screen regulator circuit needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Screen regulator circuit needed
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:20:36 -0500

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:40:58 -0500 John Nelson
<John_Nelson@compuserve.com> writes:

>Message text written by Rich Measures
>
>>However, one need not use the same obviously-flaky zeners that GW4FRX
>used
>. <
>
>For the record, the Zeners used to derive the comparison data
>illustrated
>on Ian's web site were nine 20W Philips/Mullard BZY93C39 purchased
>specifically for the tests. These were chosen to give a nominal 350V
>for
>comparison with the stabilised supply being developed at the time.
>It's not
>clear why such components should be "obviously flaky", especially
>since
>ISTR that this particular arrangement was the least worst of several
>Zener
>combinations tested around the same time.
>
>John Nelson
>GW4FRX

John, Ian, etc.

Interesting to note that Zener part #. Is there a list available
somewhere that gives data on various EU and Asian Zeners?  I can only
find some very spotty info ( Toshiba) and almost none have ECG or NTE
equivalents.
A source of 20W diodes may be attractive since over here the options are
fairly well limited at 1 to 10W and then a big jump to 50W.

73  Carl  KM1H
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]