[AMPS] Telephone RFI Radio Shack Phones

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Telephone RFI Radio Shack Phones
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:46:56 -0800

>brad roope wrote:
>>
>> Also are the K-Comm
>> filters any good?
>
>I am using a king's ransom worth of KCOM filters here (we have a home office
>with a bunch of phones).  The answer is: they do work, on some phones.  But
>there are some stubborn ones for which they do not work.

A double section filter has more RF attenuation than a single section
filter.  The double-filters described on my  Web site  use roughly $1.34
worth of electronic components each.  The major expense is the Mouser p/n
43LS474 chokes - which cost 31-cents each if you buy a bag of 100.  These
chokes have no resonances in the amateur radio bands.  4 chokes are
required for each double-filter.
-  later, Vic

Rich...