[AMPS] Alpha 77DX grid current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 77DX grid current
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:03:40 -0500
>  The grid current meter is labeled 500 ma full scale. A study of the
>resistors in the grid current measuring circuit tells me that it may
>actually be 250ma full scale.

You are correct Dan.  Several years ago, I spoke with Ray Heaton, ETO's
Service Manager in the early '90s.  He confirmed that the 77Dx was
deliberately designed to indicate approximately double the true grid
current, presumably to add an additional 100% safety margin against operator
error.

-Paul, W9AC