[AMPS] Henry 3K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 3K
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 02:26:41 -0500

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:32:08 -0800 "Larry L. Ravlin"
<sheepdip@continet.com> writes:

>Gentlemen,
>I am having a prob. with my 3K.  I cannot get it to load past 600ma.
>in the pa volt position the voltage is 2500 in cw/tune.  in ssb the
>reading
>is 3500v.  The resting current is cw is 90ma and in ssb it is only
>120ma.

At least you didnt fry the plate xfmr yet!  If possible measure the HV at
the tubes, there is a lot of real estate between the metering ckt and the
tubes .

>I originally thought the tubes were soft and installed new ones but
>nothing
>has changed from the old tubes.

Check the sockets for weak tension or corrosion at the filament pins. I
am assuming the filament voltage is OK at the socket.

>According to the manual the resting current in cw should be between
>100 and
>120ma and in ssb between 170 and 220ma so it would appear at first
>glance
>that the problem is attached to there.
>
>What is happening here Rich or Carl?

If the above are OK it may be time to dig into the bias ckt. I dont have
the manual in front of me here at 230AM but any change in bias condx in
the direction of Class B would also require correspondingly higher RF
drive for full Ip.

Get back to me tmw if I can help.

73  Carl  KM1H

>Larry
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]