[AMPS] ARRL & QST &CW

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARRL & QST &CW
From: k9huh@icss.net (Ted & Joyce Wilhelm)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:24:40 -0600
N4KG Tom just really hit the nail on the head with his statment of he
not wanting to do RTTY etc. so why must folks like him and others study
and have to learn it.....BECAUSE THAT"S THE WAY IT IS..Someone is always
going to find something they don't want to take the time time to learn
such as CW and will find any kind of excuse and reason they shoudn't
have to put forth any effort...It wasn't to many years ago you flat
didn't get a liscence without 5 wpm and now this same group for the most
part want more priveleges because they deserve them....BULLHONKEY..That
is the problem with society today give me, give me, give me,I don't have
to work for it. I guess I am from the old school and always figured if
something was worth having it was worth working for and just shouldn't
be handed to you. If you want to be a serious HAM operator than suck it
up and learn what you must, to achieve that liscence if not, don't
complain but rather walk around with your shack on your belt and be
happy that you can at least do that...
73 Ted  "HUH"