[AMPS] grid termination resistor value?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] grid termination resistor value?
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:32:49 EST
?  I know only too well that, in HF service, tetrodes with >50-ohm grid
terminations are more likely to turn into surprise oscillators if they
are not neutralized.

So how is the grid termination resistance value selected?
I've seen amplifiers with 50 ohm termination values going higher.  With
higher resistance values, I've seen toroid matching transformer networks.

Is there a guideline for the selection of a grid termination resistor, or
is it done by method ?

thanks
skipp
nospam4me@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]