[AMPS] 851 triode

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 851 triode
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John Lyles)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:15:10 -0700
I have this General Electric 851 triode that I mounted on a wooden base.
The filament even lights up, on a 10 V transformer. It is a beautiful tube,
as tubes go. I found data in an old RCA book, the datasheet was 1935, with
some curves from the 1920's I think. It is rated to a few MHz, and has
application as class A or B audio, or C RF amplifier. The ratings are
somewhere between and Eimac 304TH and a 3-1000. Anode rating is 600 W
dissipation, but the max voltage is about 2500. 1 Amp plate current!

I will post some neat photos of the tube, that I took today using a digital
camera, on a website. It's too pretty to build an amplifier with, besides
the thing would be a foot tall to fit in. (tall and skinny, not like most
modern PA tubes). Will let you know later when it's online.

John
K5PRO