[AMPS] MFJ-259 and matching circuits

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MFJ-259 and matching circuits
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 99 11:18:54 -0600
>Just that it's fine if your assumptions on input impedance are correct. If
>they aren't, then you're no better off using the MFJ than any other method.
>So the question comes down to this:

Well, I'd agree.  My assumption on input impedance is based on the
average driving impedance of a grounded-grid 4-1000A.  This is about 110
Ohms.  The input capacitance for the 4-1000A is about 27 pF.  So I took
two 220 Ohm resistors, put one to ground on each cathode pin and put the
27 pF cap to ground on one of the pins.

I am fairly confident because I had matched stuff up before pretty well
in the past and most of my circuits needed little changing. But you do
raise a good point, so we shall have to wait and see!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden