[AMPS] Icom SS Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Icom SS Amp
From: andywallace@home.com (Andy Wallace)
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 16:38:34 -0600
Merv--

I have the ICOM  4KL which is very similar to the PW1. You don't run the
power supply when barefoot and it can be hooked to other radios but with
the 4KL you lose the auto band switch. With my  Icom 775dsp it acts like
a 1000 watt transceiver as in many military applications. Auto tune of
the amp to the band, auto band switch when I change the 775 and auto
tune of the antenna ( can deal with up to 3-1 SWR ). The fans are so
quiet I have it under my operating table and cannot hear it. It has a
chip that remembers tuning settings so it takes only a second or two to
tune a new band. Will spoil you in a hurry but would be nice to have
full legal of 1500 watts. I get more pleasure out of operating than I do
out of elaborate tune-ups every time I change bands.

Andy  K5VM