[AMPS] Another angle on cathode-matching ckts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Another angle on cathode-matching ckts
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:50:03 -0000
Carl says:

>True, but that still does nothing to explain why some input network
>layouts are inefficient on just 10M and 15M.

I wonder if it isn't just as Carl says - some layouts. Especially if the RF
current return path isn't well defined. Just banging an RF return from a
capacitor down to chassis, and relying on the current path back through the
chassis to the input connector doesn't mean a well defined current path -
which is why using the coax from the connector with the braid connected at
both ends can help.

Now you can see why I much prefer grounded cathode and tetrodes!!

73

Peter G3RZP