[AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:51:39 -0000
Rich says:

>Flattopping has to do with not enough peak cathode emission to go with
>the
>load presented to the tube by the tank.

Or too high a load impedance for the peak cathode current to which the tube
is being driven.

We always used to call the two states 'running out of voltage' or 'running
out of current'.

Running up to full power slowly is the way to go when doing the initial
evaluation: in use, I always  go for low power to get in the right aare,
then full whack. A sort of both Rich and Carl's approach.

73

Peter G3RZP