[AMPS] SB220 Xformer labodomy

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB220 Xformer labodomy
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:55:24 -0800

>I have a very noisy SB220 power transformer that sounds like a bad
>florescent ballast. Other than being noisy, the amp works fine.

?  Such transformers are normally potted in tar.   However, you could
have one with a potting void.  .  On my Web site, a simple method of
potting transformers with polyester laminating resin is described.  The
transformer needs to be removed in order to do the potting.  The screws
that hold the laminations together need to be tightened before potting.

-  later, Len

Rich...