[AMPS] Filament Choke Question (RE: Handbook example)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Filament Choke Question (RE: Handbook example)
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:04:46 -0600
Was looking at my 89 handbook at some of the amplifier designs to look at
what folks were using for filament chokes.  Starting on page 30-50, there
is a design for an 8877 amp.  In looking at the schematic, the guy uses
NO filament choke.  The two filament lines are both bypasssed to ground
by .01 uF caps.  From what I can tell the filaments are on pins 1 & 5 of
the tube and the schematic says that pins 2,3,4,6, & 7 are the cathode
input.  Yes, it's grounded grid.

Is the 8877 set up this way so that the filament pins are isolated from
the cathode?  Is that why he's able to get away with it?  I'm ignorant of
how the 8877 is set up.

Just curious.

73,

Jon